SEASON SUBSCRIPTIONS NOW ON SALE
Come Celebrate our 60th Season With Us!
Jarson-Kaplan Theater |
Aronoff Center for the Arts
2-SHOW MAINSTAGE SUBSCRIPTION $46
Fifth Third Bank Theater |
Aronoff Center for the Arts
3-SHOW STUDIO SERIES SUBSCRIPTION $69
NOVEMBER 3 – 11, 2023
After a scathing review from the New York Times closes their latest show on opening night, a couple of brassy Broadway performers embark on a mission to change the world and in the process, rehabilitate their image. Their chosen cause célèbre is a small town teenager from Indiana whose prom was cancelled by the P.T.A. because she wanted to bring her girlfriend. The Prom is a funny, smart, big-hearted new musical about big Broadway stars, a small town, and a love that unites them all.
SEPTEMBER 8 – 16, 2023
Break out those bell bottoms and platform shoes and get ready to boogie down through ten years of ground-breaking music! Come back to the 1970s for a time that was groovy and far out. Featuring songs from Karen Carpenter, Elton John, ABBA, and the Bee Gees. The 8-Track Generation is alive again. So whether you’re a brother or whether you’re a mother, you’ll love Stayin’ Alive!
APRIL 26 – MAY 4, 2024
FEBRUARY 9 – 17, 2024
A musical revue showcasing the songs of John Kander and Fred Ebb with familiar songs from Chicago and Cabaret as well as songs from more unknown works like Funny Lady and The Rink. Filled with humor, romance, drama, and nonstop melody, this title teaches us that no matter what life throws at us, our lives keep going and the world keeps turning.
MAY 31 – JUNE 7, 2024
We love musical theatre because it speaks to us – especially when the actors REALLY speak to us! An original cabaret conceived and directed by Elizabeth Travnik, Give My Regards to the Fourth Wall is a delightful showcase of the finest tongue-in-cheek numbers the musical theatre canon has to offer. Featuring songs from some of Broadway’s biggest hits, this wink-and-a-nod ode to the genre is sure to thrill and amuse!
- Auditions will be held individually. We encourage you to sign up and secure your audition time slot HERE to avoid long wait times.
- Walk-ins are welcomed but will be assigned to the first available audition slot.
- Please prepare 16 to 32 bars of one (1) up-tempo song and 16 to 32 bars of one (1) ballad that best demonstrates your vocal ability that is not from The World Goes Round. An accompanist will be provided (no recordings or a cappella numbers).
- Make sure your sheet music is in the proper key and your cuts clearly marked for the accompanist. Vocalizing will also take place to determine vocal range.
- Please bring shoes and clothing appropriate for a dance audition, as you will be asked to participate in a dance choreography combination. The combination will be taught during the audition, but a video of the combination will be available prior to the audition.
- Headshots and resumes are encouraged, but not required.
- Please bring your personal calendar for December 2023-February 2024. You will be asked to complete a conflict form to share your rehearsal availability.
- We are committed to the safety of all members of this production. Please bring proof of your COVID-19 Vaccination. We do require that the cast, crew, and production team be fully vaccinated. QUESTIONS? Please contact Megan Horton, Director – [email protected]