Cincinnati Music Theatre scholarship program returns for 2021
We recognize and encourage outstanding high school seniors who have excelled in various aspects of theater production and/or performance, and who will pursue a college degree in theater arts or theater-related music performance, production, or education.
- CMT awards up to four non-renewable $1,000 scholarships annually in the areas of performance (vocal, instrumental, dance) and technical (direction, set design, stage management, lighting design, etc.).
- Students must submit an application available at the link below no later than May 13, 2021.
- Selected applicants in performance areas will be required to audition; because of the COVID-19 pandemic, auditions will be by video submission or Zoom.
- Selected applicants for the technical scholarship will be invited to submit a portfolio of their technical theater experience at an online interview with members of the scholarship committee.
- Scholarship awards will be in the form of a check made payable to the student’s institution of choice.
The recipient may use the award for any expense related to his/her education; i.e. tuition, fees, books, etc.
Choral directors, guidance counselors and/or drama teachers may download, post and distribute our cover letter, scholarship application and scholarship program overview. For more information or questions, please contact Kathy Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org.