Break out those bell bottoms and platform shoes and get ready to boogie down through ten years of ground-breaking music! Come back to the 1970s for a time that was groovy and far out. Featuring songs from Karen Carpenter, Elton John, ABBA, and the Bee Gees. The 8-Track Generation is alive again. So, whether you’re a brother or whether you’re a mother, you’ll love Stayin’ Alive!
September 8-16, 2023
Fifth Third Theatre, Aronoff Center for the Arts
Gregory Good, Jr.
Sharisse Vernelle Santos
DIRECTOR & CHOREOGRAPHER: David Radke
MUSIC DIRECTOR: Alan Masters
CO-PRODUCERS: Amanda Emmons Shumate & Aubrey E. Wilson
- Auditions will be held individually. We encourage you to sign up and secure your audition time slot HERE to avoid long wait times.
- Walk-ins are welcomed but will be assigned to the first available audition slot.
- Please prepare 16 to 32 bars of one (1) up-tempo song and 16 to 32 bars of one (1) ballad that best demonstrates your vocal ability that is not from The World Goes Round. An accompanist will be provided (no recordings or a cappella numbers).
- Make sure your sheet music is in the proper key and your cuts clearly marked for the accompanist. Vocalizing will also take place to determine vocal range.
- Please bring shoes and clothing appropriate for a dance audition, as you will be asked to participate in a dance choreography combination. The combination will be taught during the audition, but a video of the combination will be available prior to the audition.
- Headshots and resumes are encouraged, but not required.
- Please bring your personal calendar for December 2023-February 2024. You will be asked to complete a conflict form to share your rehearsal availability.
- We are committed to the safety of all members of this production. Please bring proof of your COVID-19 Vaccination. We do require that the cast, crew, and production team be fully vaccinated. QUESTIONS? Please contact Megan Horton, Director – [email protected]