Expanded Membership Program
Cincinnati Music Theatre’s membership program recognizes the importance of all contributions made by individuals to the organization – both through participation in CMT productions as well as direct financial support.
Membership in Cincinnati Music Theatre is open to anyone interested in participating in or supporting the organization.
An individual becomes eligible for membership through participation in any cast, crew, production staff, orchestra or other direct production role for a CMT production. Membership becomes effective at the close of the production once all of the responsibilities of the individual’s role have been completed and continues for a period of 2 years. Membership is automatically renewed for members in good standing with each production in which the individual participates. Note that “Participation-based” membership is on an individual basis only.
An individual (or family) may also become a member of Cincinnati Music Theatre by providing financial support to the organization through the Donations program. Any contribution of $25 or more entitles the individual (or family) to membership in CMT for a period of 2 years. Donations and recognition levels are established by the Board of Trustees to provide additional recognition and benefits to members at different levels of support.
Members of CMT are entitled to vote on any matters that come before the membership at annual, general or special membership meetings. They shall also be notified of and be eligible to participate in any activities of CMT, including, but not limited to, social events and auditions. Each member is entitled to be informed of and participate in any CMT theatrical production as deemed appropriate by the Director and/or Producer of said production.
CMT membership is required to be eligible to hold leadership roles in the organization including election to the Board of Trustees as well as participation on key Board committees such as Creative Committee, Nominating Committee, Scholarships, etc. To be considered for one of these positions, an individual must have first attained membership status through either participation or direct financial support. However, once a member in good standing serves on the Board or designated Committees, the term of service shall apply toward continuing membership in the organization.
(Exceptions – Consistent with our all-volunteer mission, individuals compensated for performing special and necessary functions in a CMT production or as part of their normal line of business (special effects, box office, contracting, etc.) are not eligible for participation based membership related to their compensated activity.)
- Auditions will be held individually. We encourage you to sign up and secure your audition time slot HERE to avoid long wait times.
- Walk-ins are welcomed but will be assigned to the first available audition slot.
- Please prepare 16 to 32 bars of one (1) up-tempo song and 16 to 32 bars of one (1) ballad that best demonstrates your vocal ability that is not from The World Goes Round. An accompanist will be provided (no recordings or a cappella numbers).
- Make sure your sheet music is in the proper key and your cuts clearly marked for the accompanist. Vocalizing will also take place to determine vocal range.
- Please bring shoes and clothing appropriate for a dance audition, as you will be asked to participate in a dance choreography combination. The combination will be taught during the audition, but a video of the combination will be available prior to the audition.
- Headshots and resumes are encouraged, but not required.
- Please bring your personal calendar for December 2023-February 2024. You will be asked to complete a conflict form to share your rehearsal availability.
- We are committed to the safety of all members of this production. Please bring proof of your COVID-19 Vaccination. We do require that the cast, crew, and production team be fully vaccinated. QUESTIONS? Please contact Megan Horton, Director – [email protected]