Cincinnati Music Theatre Scholarship Program
In an effort to give back, Cincinnati Music Theatre reinstated its scholarship program in 2001
We recognize and encourage outstanding high school seniors who have excelled in various aspects of theater production and/or performance, and who will pursue a college degree in theater arts or theater-related music performance, production, or education.
- CMT awards two non-renewable $1,000 scholarships annually, one each in the areas of performance (vocal, instrumental, dance) and technical (direction, set design, stage management, lighting design, etc.).
- Students must submit an application available in their school guidance office at this link no later than May 1st, 2019.
- Selected applicants in performance areas will be required to audition in May 15 at the Jarson-Kaplan Theater in the Aronoff Center with a musical number/dance of their choice.
- Selected applicants for the technical scholarship will be invited to submit a portfolio of their technical theater experience at an interview with members of the scholarship committee.
- Scholarship awards will be in the form of a check made payable to the student’s institution of choice.
The recipient may use the award for any expense related to his/her education; i.e. tuition, fees, books, etc.
Choral directors, guidance counselors and/or drama teachers may download, post and distribute our cover letter, scholarship application and scholarship program overview. For more information or questions please contact Kathy Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org