Cincinnati Music Theatre Scholarship Program
In an effort to give back to our community, the Cincinnati Music Theatre Scholarship was reinstated in 2001
to recognize and encourage outstanding high school seniors who have excelled in various aspects of theater production and/or performance, and who will pursue a college degree in theater arts or theater-related music performance, production, or education.
- Two non-renewable $1000 scholarships are awarded annually, one each in the areas of performance (vocal, instrumental, dance) and technical (direction, set design, stage management, lighting design, etc.).
- Students will submit an application available in their school Guidance office or this link no later than May 1st, 2017.
- Selected applicants in performance areas will be required to audition in early May with a musical number/dance of their choice.
- Selected applicants for the technical scholarship will be invited to submit a portfolio of their technical theater experience at an interview with members of the scholarship committee.
- Scholarship awards will be in the form of a check made payable to the student’s institution of choice.
The recipient may use the award for any expense related to his/her education; i.e. tuition, fees, books, etc.
Choral Directors, Guidance Counselors and/or Drama Teachers may download, post and distribute our Program Overview Document , Scholarship Cover Letter, and CMT History for posting and distribution. For more information or questions please contact Kathy Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org