Cincinnati Music Theatre Scholarship Program
In an effort to give back, Cincinnati Music Theatre reinstated its scholarship program in 2001
We recognize and encourage outstanding high school seniors who have excelled in various aspects of theater production and/or performance, and who will pursue a college degree in theater arts or theater-related music performance, production, or education.
- CMT awards two non-renewable $1,000 scholarships annually, one each in the areas of performance (vocal, instrumental, dance) and technical (direction, set design, stage management, lighting design, etc.).
- Students must submit an application available at the link below no later than May 6, 2020.
- Selected applicants in performance areas will be required to audition; because of the COVID-19 pandemc, auditions will be by video submission or zoom.
- Selected applicants for the technical scholarship will be invited to submit a portfolio of their technical theater experience at an interview with members of the scholarship committee.
- Scholarship awards will be in the form of a check made payable to the student’s institution of choice.
The recipient may use the award for any expense related to his/her education; i.e. tuition, fees, books, etc.
Choral directors, guidance counselors and/or drama teachers may download, post and distribute our cover letter, scholarship application and program overview. For more information or questions please contact Kathy Kramer at email@example.com.